Friday, May 27, 2005

Near Miss

Whew! I just almost lost the entire text of my Misfortune Teller post. Blogger is a nice idea, but I have found the e-mail interface unreliable, and there's no way to completely remove the risk of losing work with the web interface. I'm thinking of moving this blog to my own site. It won't be as pretty but I'll have better control over the post data and the software that keeps it organized. I'll let you (you? Do I have any readers out there?) know here if/when the move is on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am a reader.

3/6/05 22:09  
Blogger papa said...

Thank you. Your readership means a lot to me.

6/6/05 11:50  
Blogger maisnon said...

Would CC'ng yourself when you email it in help? That way you'd have a copy of your post even if it didn't quite make it.

6/6/05 12:40  
Blogger papa said...

I do keep copies of mailed posts, but I find it annoying when a post doesn't show up right away and I have to debate withmyself whether the system is just slow and the post will appear eventually or the post has been lost and I need to resend.

The web interface is where I have lost or almost lost entire posts when I take too long to think while typing and my login expires before I post.

Either way I'd prefer to have direct access to and control over the post files as with a shell account. Blogger is convenient and will do for now, though...

7/6/05 01:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home