Thursday, March 24, 2005

About This Blog

papa no ibasho is my first real venture into blogspace. Based on my past knack for getting interested in technologies only after they've past their "Best If Eaten By" dates, it is probably also the death-knell for blogspace. I've never let that stop me before, so I apologize in advance to all you soon-to-be-former bloggers.

Since 1991 I have enjoyed the rare opportunity of working, living, and raising a family in Japan. The purpose of this blog is to share experiences, knowledge, and insights I continue to gain in this adventure. I hope to foster a deeper understanding of Japan, as well as of my home country, the United States, viewed from an outside perspective. Since my thoughts, interests, and concerns are not limited to Japan, the focus of my writing here will not be exclusively on Japan. However, I will try to keep it mainly so, and interesting in any case.

Becoming a writer has been a long-unacted-upon ambition of mine. I hope to use this blog to build discipline and hone my skills. Therefore I will appreciate any comments you care to make on either my content or my form.

papa no ibasho is Japanese for "A Place for Papa".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home