Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport

On first leg of business trip to Brussels, London, and New York before flying home with three-night layover with my parents near Denver.

This is my first trip out of Japan in about two years. My immediate impressions are how casual such a great change of place has become. I also notice that I don't tower over the other travelers here in Schiphol Airport as I did in Japan. It strikes me again as it has on other business trips, that I blend in with the crowd much better here in a country where I have only spend two or three days than I ever will in my whole life in Japan. Sometimes the book's cover counts for a lot.

My preparation for this trip was correspondingly casual and last-minute, giving me a bit of concern (but not too much) that I have forgotten to pack something important. I finished packing my clothes only a half-hour before I had to leave for the airport. How little sleep I did with the night before the flight will remain my secret.

The flight from Kansai Airport went smoothly. I sat in business class on the 747's upper deck. Food was good. Watched The Incredibles (first time in English, fun and unexpectedly touching movie) and the Neverland movie with Johnny Depp. Slept fitfully for maybe three hours, which is very good for me on an airplane. Arrived in Amsterdam ahead of schedule, in time to make the early connection to Brussels that should start boarding any minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home